A focus on freeze-drying. APS Parenteral Focus Group meeting; January 28 2015; Loughborough. UK
presentationposted on 30.04.2020 by Geoff Smith
Academic presentations can be uploaded in their original slide format. Presentations are usually represented as slide decks. Videos of presentations can be uploaded as media.
Smith, G. (2015) A focus on freeze-drying. Podium presentation at APS Parenteral Focus Group meeting; January 28; Burleigh Court, Loughborough, UK
– Process steps and questions?
2. QbD in Freeze-Drying
3. Freezing Stage
– Critical process parameters : solidification end point, eutectic formation, glass formation
– PAT in the freezing Stage (development & production)
4. Primary Drying Stage
– Critical process parameters : collapse temperature, drying rate, drying end point
– PAT in the 1ry drying Stage (development & production)
5. LyoDEA – A new PAT
– Equivalent circuit modelling
– Determination of the ice nucleation onset, the ice solidification time and the thermal equilibration time
– Impact of sucrose on mannitol crystallization
– Annealing times and the prediction of primary drying duration
– In-vial determination of the glass transition temperature, Tg'
– Strength/fragility of glass forming liquids
– Primary drying rates and end point determination
– Product collapse