Climate change Royal Society of Arts, Celebrate Our Similarities and MCRC collaborative research event
Wednesday 3rd April, 2019
How can we make our cities sustainable? This Fellowship event brings together Fellows, local and international academics, the local authority and wider community to develop an action plan for future sustainable development initiatives in Leicester.
Our guest speaker is Professor Matthew Hibberd FRSA, of the University of Lugano, Switzerland, who will talk about Youth Engagement and Climate Change. We will also hear from DMU colleagues engaged with the City Council in the emerging Smart City Plan for Leicester. The evening will also include some of the works in progress around mental health literacy and peace journalism.
These contributions will be our prompts for an evening of purposeful discussion as we explore how we might work together to help make Leicester a sustainable city.
There will also be time for networking and general conversation. Light refreshments will be available.
This event is free to attend and open to Fellows, friends, and colleagues interested in supporting the work of the RSA.
Our next event takes place on Thursday 6th June at the Leicester Innovation Hub where we will be exploring the Future of Work.
- Evolutionary Impacts of Climate Change
- Creative Arts, Media and Communication Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Interactive Media
- Media Studies
- Video Communications
- Language, Communication and Culture not elsewhere classified
- International and Development Communication
- Organisational, Interpersonal and Intercultural Communication
- Communication Studies
- Communication Technology and Digital Media Studies
- Visual Communication Design (incl. Graphic Design)